Payology Limited (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you via www.payologyuk.com (‘site’), or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Payology Limited of Unit 12 Eco Business Centre, York, YO30 4AG
The content on our site may include, among other items of interest, entertainment, games, recipes, surveys, sweepstakes, and contests, and may also include advertising and opportunities to shop online. We may also provide information on our company and our products, and may also offer opportunities to apply for employment.
Please take a moment to review our policy in detail. To assist you, we offer this short summary:
- We use your personal information to fulfil your requests and serve you better.
- We will only send you materials you have indicated you want to receive according to your preferences, and we will honour your opt-out requests.
- We adopt careful procedures to protect your personal information, and use special care to protect credit card data you give us when you shop online.
- We do reserve the right to use or disclose your personal information in certain circumstances, such as to satisfy a legal request or protect our property.
When do we collect personal information?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
What do we do with your personal information?
We collect personally identifiable information to assist you with applications you have made or orders you have placed and notify you of results of same, to e-mail you with updates and news, to respond to your questions or comments, to register you for certain features, to provide personalized content, information, and/or to send out brochures, coupons, samples, offers and other information on our products or our company. We ask visitors providing e-mail addresses to let us know if they would like further information or updates from us or our site. Only those who request it will receive follow-up e-mail or other communications from us. We may also ask if you would like to receive information about other products available from members of our family of companies. Only those who expressly ask to receive such information online will get it. If we are not sure of your preferences we may ask you about them. We also offer visitors an “opt-out” option at any time they wish to cease receiving e-mails or other information from us.
We may purchase and use opt-in e-mail lists to contact potential customers. We will honour opt-out requests and ask those providing lists to give us assurances that e-mail contact information is provided only for those consumers who have expressed a desire to receive offers and information by e-mail.
Personal information is used solely by us, and our affiliates, agents or business partners who help make this site and its content and the products and services at this site, available to you in order to respond to your requests (like fulfilling online shopping orders or offering a promotion), and to better serve you, consistent with this policy. Data may be shared or combined between current or future affiliates, subsidiaries or other related entities of our company to enhance efficiency and minimise duplication of contacts with you. In addition, we may occasionally ask you if we may share information with other trusted third parties. We will let you know at the time the information is collected if such third-party sharing is anticipated, will identify the types of businesses at the area of collection, will describe the information we will share (like your mail or e-mail address) and will only share data if you expressly agree. We will share personal data only with those who have agreed to follow careful policies.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or our safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Is credit card / transaction information secure?
We care about the safety and security of your transaction. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
What do we do to safeguard personal information?
We have instituted safeguards to check that our internal procedures meet our high policy standards. The information supplied through the site is only immediately accessible by our internal staff. We may however need to pass the information on to other agencies in order to fulfil your orders and requests. However in such cases, we endeavour to ensure that such third parties agree to protect the personal information with which we have supplied them in order to provide the required contractual service. We will also strive to ensure that the information provided is not excessive for its designated purpose. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we store your personal data
What about links to other Web sites?
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What else do you need to know?
We reserve the right to use or disclose any personal information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfil your requests and/or orders, or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
What should you do if you have questions, wish to access, update or delete information, or wish to opt out of receiving future communications?
You may also write, fax or call our global corporate Privacy Coordinator’s office at:
Unit 12 Eco Business Centre
Amy Johnson Way
Updated Friday 5th November 2021.